10/9/08

how's this for an idea

Taken from a free rant on my myspace blog...

the opera, well...I'm thinking of going a strange direction lately. Kinda Bang on a Can/Dragonforce/Bullet for My Valentine/Puccini/Verdi/Nyman/Elliot Carter/Reich~ish. does that make any sense? so, let me say it this way...Simple layered forms, highly rhythmic almost frantic accompaniment, virtuoso performance practice, metric and tempo ambiguities, repetitive and organically grown, romantic vocals with a large touch of my standard whimsy and disinterest. now, how the hell do i write that?!? beats the shit outta me. hence, why there are no notes on the page. I listen to Dragonforce and get all pumped up, and realize, as i start writing that, damnit, i'm just transcribing! not that its a problem, but i gotta take the idea and meld it into my own vision. some sort of Three headed dragon flying over Valhalla in an endless loop while breathing fire down on innocents. yeah, that's good imagery i think. damnit, i hope that this isn't settling in my chest. i'll never be rid of the phlegm then...

so, none of my previous ideas are gone, they're just forming into a new gelatinous cube of musical doom. maybe i'll even write some MUSIC sometime instead of just talking bout it. n'ah, i doubt that. I really like the image of the dragon. I think i should make it a poster. now, if i only had any skill at all with drawing...oh well

No comments: